Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hot Chicks & Young Kids Farm

Yay, we are going to have a farm!

So my Mom and her husband, spaghEddie, went and picked up some baby chicks the other day. They had been planning to, but finally went through with it on a whim. Since the babe and I were mid sunny afternoon walk I told her to go ahead and pick ours out for us saying, "You'll know my chick when you see it." She looks like a fluffy caterpillar resting with her sisters under the heat lamp in the laundry room. Now we just need a name.

This morning the babe and I woke early, bundled up, and went out with my Mom and spaghEddie to pick out a couple of kids! On the drive there I was determined to name one of the goats Regina. It turns out that it is a bit much for amateurs to take on getting a female in hopes to have raw goat's milk. Someday... Instead, it was suggested we get the 2 neutered males which will be old enough to come home with us in about 6 weeks!

Hmm, I think Regina is a perfect name for the chick, now we just need one for the goat!

Things are really starting to fall into place and the babe and I will be moving in probably sooner rather than later. We will share a small room on the back end of the house with our own private entrance and porch. There is a lot of work to do, but I think it will turn out to be quite the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment