Monday, May 11, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I hope all of my mama readers had a wonderful day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day, my very first since becoming a mother.

My little love gave me his first tooth cutting through as an early gift the evening before. I never imagined that much joy could swell inside me simply from feeling a hard little catch on his gums. In the morning, we were making all our sounds. I continued to encourage him to say, "mama," as I often do and he finally put his little lips together without a slobbery raspberry blowing out. He tried hard to copy me, but it sounded more like, "mba-mba," which of course makes my heart melt anyhow.

It looks like this Thursday we will be moving to the farm. My feelings are regularly playing tug of war which made for an emotional first Mother's Day for me. I go from sad, to relieved, to angry, to excited, to heartbroken.

My little boy is beautiful and it keeps my heart aglow.

2 comments:

  1. I am envious. ALL Annabelle says is "da da da da". It breaks my heart. Sometimes she leans her head on my shoulder, pats my back and whispers it into my ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard "Da-Da-Da" is more common to hear first! How sweet she is being with you! Just wait until she leans over and whispers, "I love you Mama."

    ReplyDelete