Thursday, April 16, 2009

No 'Poo: Day 23

Although it is technically day 23 since I committed to beginning my no 'poo journey, it has been a few days longer since I actually last shampooed. My fondness of this all is almost tempting me to call it an anniversary. I wonder, should I celebrate weeks, months, or even years? How can I be so serious about this or even know what I truly want when we haven't even been going together a month?!

This must be the toxins trying to work their way out of my system. Anyways...

So my wonderful friend who does hair offered to clean up my cut as a gift for my upcoming birthday and it turned out great. She also let me know that the waxy feeling my hair has when it is wet is old shampoo build up and will go away eventually. I thought it was just sebum. My hair is getting to the point where it is starting to repel water now. Weird.

Some great news is that I have yet to hit any real rough patches. My hair always looks and smells clean and has yet to become greasy. I am only using baking soda about once a week now and have dropped off the apple cider vinegar since I don't have long ends to condition. Sometimes in the morning I look a bit wild, but a quick rinse is all it takes to bring me back to my usual no 'poo do.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I can't quite totally commit to this yet myself. Just when I think I am going to do it, my husband's bottle of shampoo screams my name. I think it might be time to toss that little devil for once and for all.

    ReplyDelete